What is COVID-19 like for you? Tell us all about it in this creative exercise.
What is your COVID-19 experience? We're starting an ongoing community poem of sorts to chronicle the complexities of this life-altering experience. Send us a one-liner (or five), and we'll add your lines to the list.
To participate, simply comment on our Facebook group discussion
, or email [email protected]
We're going to kick things off to show you how it's done.
- suffering through low-quality internet
- becoming an at-home barista
- deciding what limited food to spend your limited money on
- triaging what departments in an organization are worth saving
- trying to convince people their job is not "essential" so a building can isolate and close
- struggling through technology issues in Excel remotely and not in person
- filling out reports justifying things that we should be doing anyway
- trying to schedule meetings in days full of meetings
- attempting communication with locked-in relatives
- building frameworks to emerge stronger in an already turbulent environment
- feeling bored one minute and overwhelmed the next
- wondering why all these meetings weren't emails in the first place
- putting on a nice shirt for video conferences, so they don't know you're wearing pajama bottoms